Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Summer Time?

4/12/2017

I'm convinced that Mother Nature maybe menopausal.  Why you ask?  Because the weather here continues to fluctuate.  Temperatures in the 80's and humid, followed by a couple of cool (not cold) weather.  Long pants?  Short pants?  Who's to know?

Yesterday, it was warm.  Okay, more hot than warm, if I'm being truthful.  It was the kind of weather when you start sticking to leather chairs - ick.  On Monday, when Stacey and I were out in Jeff's car, I had the foresight to bring a towel to put on the leather seat - worked perfectly.

The power pressure wash guy was here yesterday.  We hadn't had the house "washed" since 2013, so the price we were charged, was actually too low for the amount of work and effort it took to get the house clean.  We have bricks outlining the path to our porch.  He washed the path as well as the porch, and I must say the bricks look brand new.  Then the mower guys came and the yard looks good.  Correction - the front yard looks good.  I can't say the same for the condition of the backyard.  

Since the girls have chewed up the insulation on the copper pipes for our upstairs air conditioner, we're not actually sure that the a/c will work.   We're going to have to give it a test run soon.  The last thing you want in the summer, is no a/c and a lengthy wait for repairs.  

Purple Heart just came and picked up two bags of clothes, so there is a few less clothes in my closet, drawers and storage boxes!  Okay, I may have a few too many things to wear, but a gal has to have options.  And, unfortunately, some of those options include clothes that are too small.  Notice that you seldom have clothes that are too loose?  At least that's what happens to me.  I actually think I'm just under tall!  I'd look pretty good if I was 6 feet tall.  Just saying.

Last night, I made sweet and sour pork for dinner.  And, in case you're wondering, not from a frozen bag.  Nope, from scratch.  I cooked the pork, added green pepper, pineapple, a few peas (because I like their color) and a variety of sauces, plus rice.  Turned out pretty well, and easy to make if you have all the ingredients handy.  

I also made my layered lettuce salad yesterday.  It's a dish that the family really likes.  And, with the addition of my "slice and dice" device, cutting up peppers, celery and onions was super easy.  The blades on said device are super sharp.  And, I know this because the last time I used it, I "sliced" my finger!  Yesterday, I stayed well away from the blades.  

I have a new writing class starting today.  It's called "Write My Life Story".  I've had the instructor before and like her style of teaching a great deal.  I'm currently taking three classes, which keeps me out of trouble - sort of.

It's time for me to get up and about.  Hope you have a good day.

P  

1 comment:

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...