Thursday, April 6, 2017

Dark Outside

4/6/2017

It was a dark and stormy night.  Nope, that's not right at all.  It is a dark and stormy day.  The kind of day where it's far better to be snug inside the house, than out running errands across town.  There was some talk about even getting some hail.  Truth be told, hail scares the crap out of me.  Years ago, on my way home from work, hail came down like little stones on my car.  I was afraid and felt sure that the hail would cause my windshield to crack, or more likely, my nerves would get the best of me.  When I saw an overpass a mile or so ahead, I opted to stay underneath the overpass, staying as far to the right as possible, until the storm blew over.

At Jeff's suggestion last night, I put my car in the garage this morning while it was merely misting.  Since Jeff's car is newer, it's a treat to put my "old" (2011 is not really old) inside.  In January, last year, when nobody even remotely thinks about a convertible, we took ourselves down to the Mercedes dealer and drove off with a lovely convertible, that when the top is down, is an absolute hoot to let your hair blow all over the place.  Jeff, has no hair on his head, so he never has to worry about having "blown hair" when we stop driving.  Somehow, my mind is free when the wind is whipping around inside the car.  Love it.

Yesterday, I cooked a pork roast w/veggies.  A great dinner, if I say so myself.  There was enough food left, that Jeff was able to take "tovers" for his lunch.  I'll have to check, but there might be enough left for dinner, with noodles or rice.  

A friend of mine turned me onto Amazon Mechanical Turk.  Basically, companies and/or individuals put out a "Hit" for a certain job.  There are lots of translation hits, but I don't know a second language.  I have taken a few hits that merely want you to put the SKU code and price from a cash register receipt.  That was actually kind of fun. So between writing classes, working on Wilma and looking for possible "jobs" on Mechanical Turk, it will be very easy for me to not get any housework done!  

Since it's Thursday, it's not a remarkable day.  It's not hump day (Wednesday) and it's not Friday, which everybody looks forward to.  And, on Friday's I don't cook dinner.  Jeff buys tacos, but they are a far cry from tacos in California!  But you have to make do with what you have.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...