Saturday, April 15, 2017

Daisy's Birthday

4/15/2017

Today, Daisy is a year old.  And just when I think the nonsense chewing is over, the girls go after something that they shouldn't, they let me down.  There are a lot of "appropriate" chew things on the floor, and yet there is something about the things they shouldn't chew, that lures them into bad behavior.

Yesterday's loss was a pair of my tennis shoes.  I wasn't paying attention, and I should have been, because before I realized Bella had taken both shoes into the backyard and destroyed them.  I'm not talking about a "bit" of chewing that could be overlooked or repaired.  Nope, the shows had been eaten and the only place they were going to go was into the trash.  

For many years, I have only worn shoes with Velcro.  Reason?  It's far easier for me to bend down and attach a few straps to the sticky stuff, then it is to tie shoes.  I gave up once I was retired, to putting on shoes that I would normally wear to the office.  I am loyal to the SAS brand and they make a walking shoe that has Velcro straps.  I found a pair of shoes at Zappos, and received a large discount on my purchase.  Now, all I have to do, is hide or put away said shoes in a safe, non-chewable environment.  At this stage of the game, I don't bend easily.  I have even found a simple device that allows me to put on socks.  It is a three pronged, if you will, curved device.  You put your socks on this thingy, and then you pull the two straps on the side.  And easily as that, your foot is pushed into the toe of the socks.  Genius.

Jeff is going to the airport today to change the oil in the plane.  Just being in the proximity of the plane and talking with our plane partners, will be very good for Jeff.  He works very hard during the week, so a chance to be with his friends is something he's really been looking forward to.  I'm going to stay home with the girls and do some laundry and take a broom (literally) and sweep the bedroom floor that has bits and pieces of my slipper laying around.  They seldom seem to chew up a pair of anything.  Nope, just one slipper.  Why not the other one?  No clue.  Perhaps one slipper smells like me more than the other one.

We have had trouble with Daisy bolting out of open doors and then doing a "walk about" and refusing to come back into the house.  Yesterday, when Jeff came home, our door into the garage was open and he was standing in the garage.  When Daisy approached the door, I yelled at her to stop, and she did.  Miracles do happen.  Today, Jeff was carrying some boxes to the front porch and Daisy walked to the threshold, but didn't go outside.  Of course, if she had, Jeff was prepared to give her a strong correction.

It's not a pretty day outside and I think rain is coming sometime this weekend.  Our oak trees are beginning to have buds, so it won't be long before the front and backyards are covered with wonderful foliage.

Have a great day and Happy Easter.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...