Saturday, April 8, 2017

It's a beautiful morning!

4/8/2017

It's Saturday, the sky is blue and the grass is green.  Even though temperature wise, we're going to be in the 60's today, it seems like a day to put your "shorty" (capris) pants on!  Monday, it is supposed to be 80, and then definitely a day for some summer clothing.

Tonight, Jeff, me and the boys et al are going to a restaurant to eat steak.  We don't actually buy steak anymore, but a person does so get tired of eating chicken and pork all the time.  That first bite into a piece of steak, causes me to close my eyes and relish in it's flavor.  Before picking the restaurant, I made sure that there was kid friendly (chicken nuggets) for Benjamin.

After dinner, Benjamin is coming home with us.  Stacey is driving me to Baltimore on Monday for my semi-annual "well baby" check-up.  Since the weather is going to be super nice, we're going to take the convertible - hurrah.  When you arrive at your destination after riding in a convertible, you don't have "hat" hair - nope, you've got "tornado" hair!  And we love every minute of dragging our combs through the tangles.  Good weather equals driving with the top down.  Doesn't get much better than that!''

Once I'm done with the doctor, I have bought us reserved seats for the movie Beauty and the Beast. How many times have you watched the animated version?  To see the movie with real actors, etc., will be a lot of fun, and the three of us are looking forward to the movie.

Last night, Jeff hooked up our new Tivo, which among other things, allows me to record six shows at once.  I'm in television heaven.  There are certain days of the week, Sunday being one, when it seems every show you want to watch, are all being shown at the same time. Part of my time on Sunday is always spent with the TV Guide, a highlighter and my remote.  

Next week, we're having the house power washed.  Once the siding is washed, it looks brand new again - mostly.  I'm putting some clothes outside for Purple Heart on Wednesday.  And, on the 12th, I start two new writing classes.  I figure if I take enough writing classes, who knows maybe someday, I'll actually be a writer - a real one - that makes money!

We got up with the girls at 6:00 this morning.  If I/we don't get up, once the girls are wide awake, then mayhem sets in.  And, I'm running out of things in the bedroom that I want/need destroyed!  Good news is, that once they've been fed, they're more than agreeable to taking a nap - with their humans.

That's it for now.  Time to get something - anything done!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...