Thursday, April 27, 2017

Dogs - New Toys!

4/27/2017

It has come to my attention, a "bit" too late, that the girls are awake before I am.  And, while I'm still sleeping, they get into a lot of mischievous.  Yesterday's treasure was a large cable with some kind of plug on one end - now ruined.  Frankly, I don't know where they find this stuff.  Was the cable behind the sofa in the "sitting" (la de da!) room?  Who knows, but it's trash now.

Jeff thought, and rightly so, that if the girls had a fair number of appropriate chewy things in the bedroom, we'd be less likely to come up with a slipper (never a pair) or shoe in a thousand pieces.  We recently bought the girls some squeaky plush toys and they lasted about a New York minute.  While the girls really enjoy these toys, the massive amounts of stuffing inside, make them less attractive to me.  I end up using a broom to sweep the cotton stuff into a pile for pick-up.

Last night when I went to bed, I was armed with new chew bones, hooves and a new plush toy that has minimal, if any, stuffing.  Instead, it crackles.  I went to sleep listening to that crackling.  But, this morning when I got up - it's hard to sleep in when there are dogs sitting on your chest, everything that mattered was still in tact.  Progress.

This morning, I went to my favorite store - yes Amazon and found some plush toys with minimal stuffing inside.  What a great find.  Arriving soon will be a pink pink and a a dog along with some chew approved bones.  I have other toys/chews arriving next week, but having something new to play with tonight, will keep them entertained at least for awhile.

The girls are beginning to mature "a bit".  Once they are fed in the morning and they have a bit of tussling, they sleep.  Ahhh, the sound of silence.

P

Image result for picture of torn plush dog toy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...