Monday, April 17, 2017

Stuff

4/17/2017

I didn't have a single thing I wanted to write about today.  Hence, the title "stuff".  Yesterday, Jeff did our taxes (unhappy face here) and drove the forms to the post office.  Okay, that's done for another year - whoopee.

It's not going to be as hot today as it was yesterday, but there's no doubting that the humidity is high. So, I'm back to yesterday's blog: windows up, windows down.  Obviously, it would be easier, but not inexpensive, to leave the a/c on.  Generally, once you start up the a/c, and you and your house are more comfortable, you don't turn it off until September.  And back to the a/c.  In the girls' early puppy days, where absolutely everything was fair game when it came to chewing, they tore off the insulation on the a/c pipes.  We are calling back our a/c man to have a look at our upstairs unit.  To deter and hopefully stop excessive chewing, I have bought some chicken wire that I can use on top of the pipes.  Now why I didn't think of this before?  Heaven only knows.

Going through my clothes to send certain sizes to Stacey.  I don't know what she's going to do with them; maybe, sell them and/or wear some.  Either way, my closet(s) have never looked better.  I sent a bag of clothes to the company ThredUp, and received an email this week, that the clothes I sent have all given to charity.  Really?  There was nothing in the bag remotely saleable.  When signing up, I opted to have the clothes given away, because I definitely don't want them back.  Once you have gathered up things, whether it's clothes, books or knick-knacks.  I know, I know, most of you don't have a lot of the hard to dust knick-knacks, but I do.  When I have my morning coffee in the living room, I am surrounded with beautiful pieces of glass, Benjamin's art and my mother's needle points.  It's just a happy room for me.  I "dust" my glass more on the occasional basis, than regularly.  My rationale, and heaven knows I need one, is that if I don't move "x", then the dust doesn't really show for an "x" amount of months.  We don't get a lot of company, other than Scott and Stacey. And, when Scott visits, he's more interested in my pantry than he is looking for dust.  Just saying.

I cooked a fajita frozen dinner last night.  I, obviously, added more chicken, a can of hot and spicy Rotel and a bit of corn.  Was it great?  I didn't think so, but it did fill up our tummies, and it made enough for Jeff to take in his lunch.

I'm going to get my head "shrunk" today.  I've mad enough progress mentally, that I only see my psychiatrist once a month.  Progress is being made.  It does seem likely that I will need my "mental" medicines forever.  Unless, I get struck by lightening and my brain returns to normal, whatever that is!

I need to go to Jeff's office and do some filing.  Actually, not some, but a lot of filing.  I put it off until there's just no avoiding the ever growing pile of paper.  I have finally come to realize that I don't need to save our electric bills for years.  Last two or three months, and shred the rest.  I can't imagine what we did before shredding.  Oh, I remember, we just tossed all of our mail, even those pieces of mail with our address on it, in the trash.  And, that was before identity theft became a thing.  There are times when I long for the good old days, when life was simpler, particularly as compared to today's rush to do everything.

P

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...