Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday

8/28/2017

Yesterday, when I sat down in front of the computer, I knew exactly what I was going to write.  When that happens, I'm glad that I'm able to write.  But, today while I sit here, my "creative" brain isn't working so well.

I'm up, showered and dressed and ready for my day.  However, at the moment I fill unsteady and weak, a sure sign that I need to sit in my recliner for a bit; and/or drink some orange juice.  My home health aide is coming this morning and her services will end on the 31st.  It's not that Fiona cleans the entire downstairs when she comes, but she does a wonderful job of cleaning the kitchen, for which I'm really grateful.  While she cleans, I generally fold up clothes or simply sit at the kitchen table and chat.  Fiona is trying to get a degree in accounting at the local college, so between studying and working at peoples' homes, she has very little free time.  I'll tell you this, when the week is up, I will miss her a great deal.

Several of our reality shows - Ice Road Truckers, for example, one of the main people in that show died in a plane crash.  In another show, we lost another individual.  How do I explain the feeling of loss for people I've never met.  When you watch a television show for several seasons, the people in that particular show become very familiar to us.  While I really do like reality shows, I don't watch any of those "housewives" shows.  The women on those shows look like they've seen a surgical scalpel a time or two. 😊

I don't want plastic surgery as much as I want somebody to be able to diagnose and fix my numb right foot.  I don't think that's asking too much.  But, I haven't found a doctor yet, and heaven knows I've been to more than a few of them, that seem able or interested in fixing my foot.  Right now, I might and have gone several weeks without leaving the house.  If, and that's a big if, I could stand and/or walk on that foot, I'd have some sense of freedom.  Going out in the wheelchair to anywhere, would be a treat for me.  Yes, I could use my walker, but that means the right foot is involved, and that gets pretty painful.  In the wheelchair, I can put my feet on the foot thingies, and even move those foot thingies to allow me to stretch the right leg out straight.  Okay, that's enough wining for one day!

Just when I think the girls are showing signs of maturity, they (I mean Bella) grab something and take out in the backyard.  Jeff has lost yet another hat.  At least they're just baseball caps.  He'd be really upset if they chewed up one of his Stetson hats!

Time to watch for Fiona.  She's really afraid of dogs, so I put the girls in the basement, with a gate at the basement door, so they can see what's going on.

Happy Monday.  Coming up on a three day weekend.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...