Thursday, August 31, 2017

Summer Is Slipping Away

8/31/2017

 By the flip of the calendar tomorrow, it will be September.  Back to school, vacations are over, and stores are stocking their shelves with sweaters, coats, etc.  A quick reminder that fall is upon us.  Our oak tree in the front yard is already dropping leaves and acorns.  In the past, Jeff blows the leaves in a pile and I get the wonderful chore of picking them up and putting them in a recyclable bag.  Based on my current situation, I'm not sure how much bagging I'm going to be able to do.

I had my first epidural yesterday (injection in the spine).  I was a bit shaky on the ride home, so Jeff fixed me some dinner, though I wasn't really hungry.  I don't remember how long it's supposed to take before you notice a difference with your condition, but so far today, there's no improvement. (Sigh).

It's a beautiful sunny day, and "almost" the start of a three day weekend.  On the weekends, Jeff catches up on some needed sleep.  Once I get the girls out of the bedroom and fed, they are beginning to settle down (yipee).  They were lovely puppies, but so very destructive.  I'm not saying that the odd thing or two still isn't making it out the doggy door, but it has slowed down somewhat.  Sometimes with puppies, their only saving grace, is how cute they are when they're asleep!  

Yesterday, was my last day with Fiona, my home health aide.  Lucky for me, Fiona works for several home aid services in the area.  I have contacted one and Fiona works for them.  The representative for the company is coming out next week to discuss hours, money, etc.  I don't need someone to come into the house to help me shower or dress, but cleaning the house would be very, very helpful.  I have a limited amount of time that I can walk and/or stand, which makes for instance, vacuuming something I don't do.  And, before Jeff can weigh in, vacuuming wasn't a chore that I liked doing in the past anyway!!

Bought a new pair of jeans in a smaller size.  I could have tried to buy jeans in two smaller sizes, but I wanted a pair that fit me right now, and not one that squeezed me like a sausage.  My weight loss is continuing, and I couldn't be happier than I am right now.  Oh, unless my right foot started to become less numb and then I would definitely have unicorns and rainbows!

Jeff will be going out of town soon to attend the annual migration for our type of plane.  This year the migration will be in Nashville and he's looking forward to going.  Basically, it's pilots talking about all things relating to planes.  There are seminars given for refresher courses in safety, etc.  I have gone to a few of these, and they do have activities for the women, but likely will never go to another one.

While he's gone, I can feast on all the super cheesy shows and eat frosted flakes for dinner if I want!  This way, we both get a mini vacation and are able to do whatever we want.  Perfecto.  

Have a wonderful Thursday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...