Wednesday, August 9, 2017

My CPAP's Back.....

8/9/2017

After being repaired, my CPAP machine arrived yesterday.  I have been without the CPAP since I came home from rehab.  Now, you may not believe this, but I missed having it.  I, obviously, sleep much better when I'm on the machine and since I don't need to breath outside air, I can sleep under the covers, which is a favorite thing of mine.

When Benjamin stays the night, he knows that we have to add water to the tank and he is very good about going into the bathroom and taking care of that for Jeff and I.  We also travel with our machines, which just means one other bag to carry.

My home health aide came yesterday.  She swept the kitchen floors, put dishes in the dishwasher and was just good company for me.  Today, she said she would clean the inside of the microwave, the outside of the refrigerator and the tops of the washer and dryer.  With some rest, I could do these things, but standing and/or walking is something I try to avoid whenever possible.

This morning, Jeff put the dogs in the basement while I continued to sleep.  This meant that while I slept, they weren't causing mayhem in the bedroom.  If they destroy the basement, I have no control over that and, so far, they haven't taken to stealing tools out of drawers to chew on!  The things that they do destroy in the basement, reminds of recycling....!  I don't know if Jeff feels the same way.  (smiley face here).

I have completed my application to receive long term disability, which will pay a set rate for a daily home health aide.  Having help around the house is extremely helpful to me - once I get over the nonsense of sitting idle while somebody else cleans up the messes!  I guess rich people get over this attitude quickly.

My physical therapist came yesterday, and he had me walk around the circle in front of the house.  I used my walker, but I was in my gripper socks, so I felt every pebble.  He suggested shoes for next time, and I reminded him that my right foot is too swollen to put into a shoe.  So, I guess, it's still going to be socks next time too.

Happy Wednesday.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...