Sunday, August 6, 2017

School Clothes

8/6/2017

With the page turn of a calendar, it feels as if summer is over.  Why?  Because everywhere I look, it's school supplies and new clothes for school.  I know that children dread the end of summer, but as a once working mom, it meant getting back to "normal", whatever that meant!

Each year, a few weeks before school started, was the clothes shopping trip.  Had I known about Xanax back then, these trips would have been a good time to take one.  I don't know what it's like clothes shopping for girls, but going with the boys was akin to having my teeth pulled out.

First stop, of course was for jeans.  I will have to admit that when the boys were going to school, ripped and acid washed jeans had not yet been "invented".  Nope, just plain old blue jeans, Levi 501's I think they were.  You had to drag the boys to even go to the store and then there was much moping about having to actually try on clothes.  Obviously, new jeans aren't nearly as comfy as the worn out ones that they, as well as I, favor.  So out of the gate, the jeans were stiff, didn't feel right, didn't fit right, etc.  Once I had the jean debacle under control, then it was on to shirts.  The days of wearing collared shirts to school was long gone.  Tee shirts were the uniform of the day, and still are.  Find the right size, avoid any shirts with any kind of controversial message, the right color and the list just went on and on.

I don't suppose shopping for girls is a walk in the park either.  I'm pretty sure they might be, and probably are, pickier than the boys were.  When I went to school, girls wore skirts or dresses.  Today, just like the boys, the uniform is jeans and most of them are shredded or ripped or whatever they call them.  I'm of the mind that if I'm buying jeans, I want all of the jeans, not just bits and pieces of denim woven together.  And, of course, because these jeans are all the rage, the price of said jeans goes up accordingly.  I found on line a pair of these torn jeans for plus-sized women, such as myself.  I feel no need to inflict on the world, bits and pieces of my thighs poking out from the holes!  Just saying.

Time for me to get on with my day.  Have a wonderful Sunday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...