Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Cleaning Up

8/2/2017

Okay, I tell myself, much as I do everyday, that today I will actually clean something.  Or pick something up, put away something - well you get the idea.  And yet, with the best of intentions, the day passes by in a heartbeat and I have done none of the above.  Not motivated?  Possibly.  It's hard to work up enthusiasm over laundry and dusting.  Lazy?  Um that could be true too.  I'm not expecting a visit from any of the royal family, so IF I don't move anything around, you don't notice (barely anyway) the dust!

I ordered myself a little plastic basket that fits over the bars of my walker.  The basket has a plastic liner with a place for a glass as well as other goodies.  Since I need the walker, I might as well make it useful.

It's a quiet day here on the homestead.  I have a few calls to make, they are part of my "honey do" list!  Jeff is at work, so it's obviously easier for me to make calls.  What I don't like, and Jeff doesn't either, is when you call a company and they say they'll do "x" and then they don't, it's maddening.  

I can't believe it's August already.  I've noticed a definite increase in ads both on television and in print advertising the sale of book bags, pencils and whatever else the modern student needs today.  As a child, I loved getting all new school supplies each September.  Obviously, the thrill was brief!

When Stacey and Benjamin took me to yet another doctor's appointment earlier this week, they brought me a small rainbow and unicorn.  Everyone who has known me this year, knows that while I'm in pain, I keep hoping for rainbows and unicorns.  And I know that someday I'm actually going to get that.

Painfully short on news today, so I'll keep this short.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...