Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Re-Assembling!

8/23/2017

I actually don't think of myself as a stupid person - but, when it comes to putting things back together, I'm a hot mess.  I can watch, and have watched, any number of videos of "how to" do something, and then when I try it, I literally crash and burn.

This week's challenge is my vacuum cleaner.  My aide and I took the top part of the vacuum off because it was in desperate need of cleaning.  Okay, the top has now been washed and there are literally no moving parts involved.  You are supposed to just snap the bottom piece onto the top piece and then you're done!  Simple right?  Wrong.  I've tried for a long time to put these two stupid pieces together and still can't get it. UPDATE - Fiona came to clean and she was able to put the two pieces together!  Hurrah.  Jeff is used to me taking things apart and then not being able to put the pieces back.

I have grown fond of Fiona and will definitely miss her when my time is up.  Most of the time she cleans up the kitchen, folds laundry and vacuums.  While I like very much the cleaning, I know I enjoy the company and having somebody to talk to.

I only have next week with a home health aide.  Medicare is paying for the month of August.  I don't actually need an aide - I can shower and dress myself and if I'm hungry, I can fix something to eat.  What I need now is someone to come in either once a week or every other week to clean the house.  Hiring someone to clean the house is definitely way less expensive than having an actual aide come in.

I guess I've stared at the computer long enough.  Time to get something/anything done.  Jeff made a delicious hamburger casserole last night and there are enough leftovers to feed us for several days.  

Have a great day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...