Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valtine' Da7

2/14/2019

Well fellas, you still have time to get the right card, roses or gift for that someone special. Since today is Valentines' Day, pretty sure you can get a discount on a card at your local store. Or, you can do what Jeff and I have done in the past: browse all the cards, and pick out the sappiest one to read to each other. Might not work for you, but for Jeff and I, we can have a "Hallmark" moment, without spending money. Let's face the facts - once the card has been given to that special someone, then two things happen to that card: (a) goes into a hope chest (yes, I still have one of these), and mark the bottom of the card with the appropriate year. For instance, a card would now be forever marked 2019. But, the fact is, that my hope chest (leftover from my younger years), is getting really full.  Should I toss out something? Oh, I can't bear to do that. Everything that is in the chest, contains memories for me, and while it's possible to look back mentally to an event, it's much better to have objects (cards, pictures drawn by Benjamin), well you get the idea. I have a friend that constantly reminds me that when my time on earth comes, the boys won't give two hoots about the things in there. I actually know this, but in no way does that make a difference in my collection of sentiment. Since the chest is really full now, perhaps it's time to buy another chest! Some of the things I've saved are a sash on one of my Father's flowers when he passed away. My rationale is that it doesn't take up too much space! Perhaps, sometime in the future, Benjamin and Stacey might like to see what I've kept for the last 40+ years.

Jeff came home last night, and since he hasn't been on a commercial plane in a long time, yesterday was a reminder why we own our own plane. Even if Jeff had his medical back, IBM won't pay for you to fly in your own plane. Bummer. Jeff will fly to the annual migration in our plane, with one of the co-owners manning the controls.

There isn't going to a trip to the Bahamas that occurs in the spring.  But, looking at the positive side, and heaven knows we need one, look at the money we save, Glass have full or have empty, just depends on how you feel about things and events. I try, but not always successful with the theory of half full!

During the holiday season, I unpacked and put on display a number of nutcrackers. Yesterday, I put those nutcrackers in a box for Scott, if he wants them. Otherwise, the sealed boxes are heading to the "bowels" (basement) of the house,

Have a very happy day.

P


Image result for cartoon of hearts


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...