Monday, February 25, 2019

The Day After

2/25/19

Last night, Jeff and I stayed up to the bitter end watching the Oscars. Since we hadn't seen of the movies, it was more about watching the gowns, and listening to the acceptance speeches. When a movie is announced for a particular category, it's a really big deal. And, I completely understand that everyone who had a hand in the movie's production, wants their 15 minutes of fame. But, once on stage, each person wants to thank pretty much everyone. Their children, wife, parents (dead or alive) and on and on. You know you're in trouble when the recipient gets a long piece of paper out of their pocket.

Then, of course, my favorite part was the dresses. I noticed a lot of yellow dresses on ladies with brown hair. I had my colors done many years ago, and I avoid pretty much anything yellow. It just doesn't go with my hair. I'm a "winter" person, which means that reds, pinks, purple, etc., look good (or at least better) on me.

I didn't notice a ridiculous outfit. And don't get me started on the jewelry. I love jewelry, even though I don't own/want or need for more than I already have. Lady Gaga, I believe gets very high marks for the necklace she was wearing. Her wearing the 141 year old This marks the first time that the 141-year-old, 128.5 carat yellow diamond was beautiful. If I had that kind of necklace on, I, and we all know that I'm a little OCD, would have to check and recheck all night long, to make sure that the necklace was in place. Of course, the jewelry is insured - heavily I might add. But, to make the stars feel more secure, there is a large contingent of police, with eyes on everything.

Some of the actresses looked like ladies, Helen Miran for one. And, always Julia Roberts, looked every bit the actress she is. Still, there were plunging necklines, which must be glued or something so that there wouldn't be an awkward moment i.e., "spillage"!!

I know that the fashion for most women are dresses that cover up their feet. For me, who is always just one step away from a fall, having my feet covered would be a disaster. And, of course we could talk forever about the slits in some/most of the dresses. I've never worn anything with a slit, but sitting down and being modest (okay, maybe they don't care about modesty), seems like that would be difficult. Of course, you can't take fashion advice from a woman who wears elastic pants!!

Though there was no actual host for the evening, I think that helped move the show along. I also noticed that if a recipient went on too long, their mike was simply turned off. 

Prior to the Oscars last night, I changed into my nightgown and bathrobe, so that I wouldn't miss even a tiniest bit of the show. Of course, as Jeff reminded me, that the show was recorded on our Tivo, so I could watch the show anytime I wanted.

Running late as usual, but there's nothing new about that!

Later.

P

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...