Monday, February 4, 2019

"Stopper" of Super" Bowl

2/4/2019

Yesterday, Jeff and I watched the football game of the year (at least I think it is). Jeff did go shopping in the early afternoon, for vitals and/or necessary food items. He was given a list, which mostly listed what not to buy. 

While Jeff was gone, I didn't just sit idle. Nope. I dragged a chair over to the pantry, which is reeeeeally full. I rearranged some food, noodles, etc., together which made more sense.

In my quest, I found two questionably items: a can of Crisco and a container of dried up frosting. I gave them the heave-ho. 

Jeff made chili for dinner, and as always, was yummy.  I cooked some tapioca pudding for dessert. 

I know, and I'm okay with that, don't know very much about the game, but stayed in my chair to the bitter end. There were a couple of previous games, that were nail biters, but not this one. Oh, it did get tense when it looked like the Patriots weren't going to win. In all ballgames, you have to support (emotionally) one team or the other. Having said that, Jeff and I were rooting for the Patriots. They won, but I know I wasn't surprised. The Patriots have Tom Brady - enough said.

I have always found the commercials during a Super Bowl, to be generally worth watching. Last night, not so much. Of course, in my humble opinion, It was the Budweiser' Clydesdale horses that I enjoyed the most.

A lot of commercials, didn't make much sense to me. I know I'm "old", and advertising companies are not geared to a senior citizen, but I think they could have thrown us "gray hair" people, some kind of bone!

When I saw the list of performers for the half-time show, Jeff and I left the game to watch something else. The half-time show wasn't for me or Jeff, and it was aimed at a younger generation: Maroon 5, Travis Scott as well as Big Bui. Neither of us have a clue who these performers are. While we didn't watch the half-time show, knew that these musicians, except perhaps Travis Scott, weren't exactly our "cup of tea"! Definitely an understatement!

Today, I have my usual chores, as well as an appointment this afternoon. It's sunny outside today, and may allow me to rinse off the hallway runners. Daisy, LOVES these runners, so they certainly or definitely need to be cleaned.

Enjoy your day.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...