Saturday, February 16, 2019

Doing Good/Feeling Good!

2/16/2019

I gave, and I know you have too, received phone calls asking for money for this charity or another. I don't have a lot of "spare change" at the moment, so I respectfully decline, even when they almost beg for just a dollar or two. 

When my Dad passed away after another round of dialysis, I asked, in lieu of flowers, that a donation be made, in his name, to the National Kidney Foundation. 

There was an article this week in the newspaper, about a local woman who has started a charity called "I Support The Girls", for women in need. She is asking for women to send their "gently" used bras as well as sanitary products to her. To date, she has given away more than 500,000 bras, and 2.5 million sanitary products to women in need. Now, this was a charity I could get behind. 

Unlike other charity groups, where you're not actually sure where your money is going, this charity is all about bras and sanitary products. After reading the article, I went through my "lingerie' drawer and weeded out some new (but didn't fit just right) bras as well as some used ones, but still in good shape. I have also put together several packages of sanitary products, which I will add in the box that I send.

This woman is doing good, and I feel good about donating bras and products that I no longer use or need. This is a good thing.

If you want to be a part of her charity, you can send a box, or whatever you have, to:

I Support The Girls
Attn: Dana Marlowe
P.O. Box 2736
Wheaton, MD 20915

So ladies, have a browse to see if you have any of the items needed. I believe this is a good cause, and I feel good knowing I'm doing my part to help these women.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...