Sunday, February 10, 2019

Quiet Sunday

2/10/2019

Today is a quiet day.  Jeff leaves tomorrow for business. He hasn't had to do this a long time, and he's glad he is no longer a "road warrior", like he was so many years ago.We also know that flying commercial these days, is just no fun. Because he sometimes forgets, and brings along his small pocket knife (which is always taken from him), I have put a "sticky" note on the back door, that simply says "knife", as a reminder. 

I think there may be some weather while he's away. Depending on how much snow we get and/or freezing rain, I'll probably just stay inside. I'm afraid that if I go outside, I might fall, and I want to avoid that at all costs.

Last night, we allowed Daisy to go outside in the front yard for a "walk about". She never leaves our end of the street, but does like the running and the smelling. The problem generally is that once she's outside, she can get quite stubborn about coming back inside! There is much coaxing and bribes (treats) to get her inside the house. She eventually comes in, probably because it's cold outside. I know if I were out in this weather, I'd be looking for any opportunity to get back into the house.

Jeff may go to the stores (the usual ones) today. Restless I guess. I may be the only person on the planet, who actually enjoys being in the house. They have a name for it: recluse! It's possible that I am a recluse because of my Mother. She didn't go out too much either. I am currently not able to drive (broken shoulder), so unless Jeff and/or Stacey takes me somewhere, I'm at home 100% of the time. When I go to the den, I can turn on the gas log (love the ease of this), get in my recliner, Daisy is always on my lap and watch tv shows, that would bore Jeff to death. I guess some people would think my love of staying home is odd, but it works for me. My friends from work, are still working, so they can't come out and play. Too bad. I will be the poster "child" to help them when it's time to do the Medicare thing. There are deadlines, plans to pick, when to start taking Social Security, stuff like that. I think most people know that the longer you delay getting your SSI, the better (i.e., your monthly payment gets bigger, until you turn 70). And, who do we know that's turning 70 (yup, Jeff and I)? We've come a long way since 1974 and when I look back at our early years, the thought of being a senior citizen seemed a long way off! Scott turned 40 last year, and Andrew isn't far behind him. Where did the time go? For me, it's okay to get older, but for the boys, including Benjamin, it's not okay.

I will stop now on my reflections. It isn't really good to live in the past, because what has happened, can't be changed. The only change we can make is right now and in the future!

P

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...