Friday, February 15, 2019

Sales, Sales

2/15/2019

Valentine's Day has come and gone. People buy, for the most part flowers, candy, jewelry (we ladies always like that last one)!

If you go into any store today, you will find all things Valentine marked down. The reason is that stores don't want to hang onto this holiday, because for retailers it's already time for Easter. I know, I know, but retailers are always moving from one special event to another. 

To save money for next year's Valentine Day, you can probably get a great price on (a) cards; (b) decorations; and/or candy. I don't think it's a good idea to buy candy a year in advance. I don't know many people who can just let candy sit by and wait for 2020. However, jewelry is always in style and always welcomed. I'm a woman, so I know a thing or two!

Today, is another brilliant day outside, with plenty of sunshine. If the weathermen are correct, there could be snow (not a lot), just enough to be a nuisance on Saturday and again on Tuesday. Don't quote me on this, because you all know how sketchy my short term memory is! It's not particularly cold outside, so I may take my rollator for a loop or two around the circle. I could walk down the hill with the rollator, but then I would have to walk back up the hill. I'm just not sure that I can, under my own steam, easily walk back to the house.  Of course, you're all saying "you won't know if you don't try". And, there is some truth in that, but after my record of falls this year, I have a finite fear of falling again. I know for certain, that I just can't afford to fall again. A person can only handle "x" amount of falls at a time. It's been a couple of months now, and my left shoulder is still problematic for me. I see the bone doc on Monday, and I really want to have a cortisone shot, to give me some relief.

Today, is Friday, and I know all of you know this. Friday's are our traditional what we call "Taco Tuesday", even though it falls on Friday. The tacos aren't bad, but their absolutely no match for tacos in California! Just saying.

I know you are all jealous, but today is laundry day!  Yipee. 

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...