Saturday, February 23, 2019

A Book

2/23/2019

You know they say that everybody has one book in them. They also say that you should write about what you know.

Keeping those two things in mind (and we know it's not easy for me to remember things mentally), I've decided that I (at least in my opinion), have an idea for that one book.

For several years, I've pushed around a book idea regarding Wilma (tired, old and out of shape woman - me possibly). In this book, I wanted to research and write about the trials faced by slaves as they made their way north. I've written a lot of pages, but at some point, my brain and the subsequent plot, became harder and harder to write.

At the moment, I'm contemplating a book, by me (obviously), that centers around both my blogs, and memories. Not all of the blogs, of course, but just the ones I deem good enough for inclusion. In my mind, I have written a chapter about my Dad. I thought that Dad hung the moon, and I can recall many things from my past. For instance, wearing a sweater while driving across the desert, and telling us all to be "cool", when we passed a car that obviously had a/c.  This was before air conditioning was in every car. Stuff like that. Dad made life interesting and he was always a willing partner in my life. It's been years, but I still miss him so much.

USO (United Service Organization) dances when I was in high school. The girls clearly outnumbered the service men, and was a lot of fun, and we danced our feet off!

Anyway, the title of the book, at the moment, is going to be something like, "Memories and Thoughts". I know that's not very snappy, and I will eventually come up with a better name, that will attract (this is assuming I can find anybody to actually print my book) readers.

Running behind as usual. Have a great day. Don't forget the Oscars are tomorrow. I like watching the show, even though I have only seen one or two movies up for an Oscar. I particularly like seeing what actresses are wearing. And, when I decide that their outfit is horrific (my view only), it makes me wonder who dresses these women. I'll let you decide which category the below dresses were in.

P
 image<p>Julia Roberts in Valentino</p>
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...