Friday, February 1, 2019

Pretty Smow

2/1/2019

Time to flip those calendars today. Just think only 11 more months to go - yipee!

It snowed a bit last night and there was little accumulation. All the trees look like they have been covered in icing. Very, very pretty. This is made more so, since Jeff and I don't have to go anywhere today.

As feared, I'm not in love with my new glasses. Like shoes, sometimes you just have to break in new glasses, with a new prescription. I almost never leave a store with a yoo hoo (sp) moment. 

Still working on my diet, and so far, am very pleased with my progress.  Here's what I know for sure, I am no longer eating/snacking between meals. This is huge for me. I drink and/or eat enough things that has lots of protein. These foods feel me up to the top. I am eating breakfast and a small portion of dinner. So I'm not starving myself, but even now still feel the need or want to chew something. Luckily, this far into the diet, I have already ruled out certain foods that I've ordered. Yesterday, I ordered a sample for $2.00 and free shipping, of a high protein maple glazed donut. The jury is still out regarding the taste of this bar. Keeping my finders crossed that I find this bar yummy. I still have a lot of protein bars to eat, so it seems likely that I won't be adding any new food to my diet, for awhile.

You know, when you read the paper and/or watch the news, I think it's about time for a feel good story. Pictures of puppy playing, children laughing, things like that.

Something for you guys to check out. Go to jigsawplanet.com.  Once there you can select a puzzle of your preference. Jigsaws with lots of pieces, and other puzzles with fewer pieces. One of the things I like about doing these puzzles is the satisfying "click" when the pieces fit together. I have tried a real jigsaw puzzle, and always crashed and burned. But, online I'm having great success, and am very proud of myself.

As I say everyday, the house awaits!

Have a good weekend.

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...