Thursday, January 31, 2019

Cold and New Glasses

1/31/2019

Today, is Andrew's birthday. He's 37 today, and has grown into a very successful man, and Jeff and I are very proud of him. So Happy Birthday Andrew.

Last night, Jeff, Bella and I braved the cold (and even by Jeff's standards it was cold) to pick up my new glasses. I have always had a love/hate relationship with new glasses. I'm always excited about the opportunity to get new frames. My new frames have "gold" on the ear pieces.  Classy - right?

I tested out the glasses while waiting for Jeff to get a few things, by trying to read the fine print on boxes. Unfortunately, in order to read fine print, I now have to raise my head up, which is truly an old lady look!

Though, we had Jeff's homemade soup at home, we went through a drive through, so that I could get my favorite food - hamburgers and french fries. I know these two foods are not on my high protein diet, but sometimes the carnivore just has to be satisfied. Happy to report, that my cravings for a hamburger is satisfied - at the moment.

Physical therapy tonight. I have so many things wrong with my body, it's hard to know where to start. My shoulder, my balance and/or the ear problem, which is slowly getting better. I think once I'm put together, more or less, I would like to continue going for help with my core. Since myself and whoever wants to tag along, is planning to go to Hawaii to celebrate our 50th anniversary. This milestone anniversary is only 5 years away, and I want to be able to get up and walk around, with no assistance. I know this is my goal, and I'd better damn well get on with being more active. Of course, as Jeff and I found out the last time we were in Hawaii, that men wear their "flowery" shirts inside out. Initially, when we saw men, with a muted design on the front of the shirt, that the shirt had been just made wrong. Nope. It's a Hawaiian thing. 

There is a store (many actually) called Hilo Hattie, where you can buy something there, and have it altered while you wait. I bought a beautiful and colorful mu-mu when I was there. I think it might be a "tad" too small, but I've got time to lose enough weight, so that it fits me. Talk about an incentive. Happy to report that my high protein diet is showing improvement, with the numbers moving to the left and not the right. I also want to wear a bathing suit, that doesn't have some stupid skirt attached. More incentive.

The temperature dropped into the single digit last night. Once we get to a single digit, Jeff announces that it's cold. Today, we're in two digits, but still cold at 16 degrees. I think it's cold, and a coat and gloves are necessary. Physical therapy tonight, so I do have to eventually leave the house, but not before then.

Stay warm everyone.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...