Thursday, January 24, 2019

Bathrooms

1/22/2019

I know, with the mention of bathrooms, that your face is already scrunched up. And, in your imagination, already think is this really a "blog issue"! Yes, it is. But, that's what's on the table today.

I did some calculations, and you're thinking of course you did. Based on my age - 69 - my calculation is 25,185 potty stops. And, that's a pretty big number, and was shocking to me.

In my childhood, toilet paper came in beautiful pastel colors: pink, green, etc. I loved those colors, but they must have been bad for the environment, because all we have now is white, which is boring.

On our honeymoon, so many years ago, a "must stop" on your way to San Francisco, is to stop at the Madonna Inn. Why? because the bathrooms are breath-taking. I don't recall whether we ate there, but we definitely went to the restrooms. Beautiful.

Image result for bathrooms at hearst castle

Hearst Castle

Madonna Inn:    Image result for women's bathroom at madonna inn 

Our next stop was The Winchester House, and yes it was owned by, I believe, the last heir to the   Winchester (rifles, of course) fortune.  This last relative was in a word "cooky nuts". She had a "thing" about the number 13 - truly. There were 13 bathrooms, each sink had 13 holes - well you get the idea. Here's a picture of one of those bathrooms in the house.

ARTICLE: Items That Can Fit Under A Low, Angled Ceiling: A Bed, Shower, Cabinets & More


That just about does it for fancy places to "stop and go" that I know about. I'm sure there's more, I just haven't seen them - yet!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...