Thursday, January 3, 2019

Troubles With Returns

1/3/2019

We've all been there. Where exactly? Oh, amid the flurry of opening up Christmas presents, there is always something that doesn't fit, or worse, doesn't suit the recipient.

Through my "buying season", I am careful to keep all packing slips - just in case. In past years, I've been a little off my game, when it comes to buying clothes. This year, I really thought that I had hit it out of the ballpark. 

And, then Jeff started opening up his presents, too big, too big, etc. You get the idea. Oh, and in keeping with my Girl Scout motto "always be prepared", I kept all the boxes, just in case. Yesterday, was the first time that Ada was able to go into the living room and vacuum and dust.

Since I was confident that I had everything that needed returning, in a box, sealed and ready for shipping. And, here's the problem for me today. I am supposed to return a gift for Andrew. The returning is not a problem, as we have several boxes ready to go to the post office, or UPS. The real problem is, that yesterday, in a vote of confidence (my confidence), we recycled most of our empty boxes. Now, I will have to search and find (hopefully) just one more box. The return is free, if I have a spare box sitting around. Fingers crossed!

This morning, after I get the essentials done, I'll look around, and hopefully find, an empty box that didn't go in the recycling bin this morning. Wish me luck!

Today's temperature at the moment, is not too hot, and not too cold. Later this morning, I will take several loops around the circle. I could go downhill, but my fears are that I might not be able to push the rollator back up the hill, and/or fall, which is not an option for me.

P







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...