Saturday, January 12, 2019

It May Snow, It May Not Snow - That's The Big Question

1/12/2019

It's Saturday, and all the weathermen (why don't they ever say weather woman?) is supposed to show up at our doorstep later today into tomorrow.

While Jeff and I have no need to go to the store to get anything, I know without a shadow of a doubt, that grocery stores are going to be packed today. Our only needed items: toilet paper (a must), bread (not exactly an essential), milk and eggs. We even have ice cream! Who could ask for more?

Just in case we get snow this weekend, Jeff has moved my car over to a neighbor's driveway, who spends the winter in Florida. This means that Jeff's car is snugly inside the garage. We absolutely don't want a lot of snow building up on the top of his convertible. And, that just makes good sense. Besides which, my car is dirty, so perhaps we'll get enough snow to clean 'er up a bit.

Jeff has started the making of beans and ham in our "instanta (guess that's not really a word) pot". It will simmer away all day, and we'll have soup for dinner today and tomorrow.

I can't remember, but I think we might have had very little snow last year. If we do get an accumulation, then we'll let the girls out to play. And, good advice: don't eat yellow snow!

Years ago, during a very big snowstorm, our dog at the time, Suzie, went out to play, lost her bearings and went missing for several weeks. She had been living under a deck, and was make a nuisance of herself, by upending trash cans. Once we got her back home, she was never the same dog. Can dogs suffer from PTSD? After being food deprived, we couldn't, at that point, prevent her from taking food. We have a buffet in the dining room. Suzie managed to pull on the knobs to open up the drawers. Little things like that. Luckily, by then Scott had bought a house with acreage, and was willing to keep Suzie. She lived a good life, with plenty of land to roam. One day, while Scott was out, Suzie quietly died. I don't believe that anyone or anything should have to die alone. 

Oh, where was I? That's right, I was writing about snow and lost track of my thoughts. Some people don't suffer from losing their thoughts, and I wish I was one of them. But, I'm not, and likely never will be.

This is a picture of a dog enjoying snow. And, in case you're wondering, this is not a picture of one of the girls.

Image result for picture of dogs in snow




          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...