Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Yesterday

1/8/2019

When you go to Hopkins in Baltimore, you should back a lunch. Why? Because you're going to be there a while.  Yesterday, was no different. First appointment was with the eye doctor at 12:30, and because the wait was going to be so long, Jeff and I were able to see our regular doctor. After those appointments, back up to see the eye doctor, and only had a minimal wait time. "Minimal" wait time for this doctor could stretch into hours. 

Through all of this waiting around, Bella was, as usual, flawless. Jeff and I couldn't be prouder of her. When Jeff puts the vest on her, she somehow knows that it's time to work.

By the time we got home, it was after 5:00. And, we were both exhausted. I have no earthly idea why just sitting around all day, is so hard on your body. But it is. Frozen dinners, remote control and Bella and Daisy on our laps. A good way to end the day.

Today, is supposed to be warm, but there isn't any sunshine out. Maybe she'll raise her head up, later in the day. Or maybe not. Mother Nature is, after all, fickle.

Starting tomorrow, our temperatures will be heading down, into the 30's. That means, of course, that bedtime will be a required "two dog" night! 

After much debate with myself, I took down the gate that blocks the dogs from the living room. They are now 2+ years old, so if I don't take the gate down now, then when?

Jeff has been super faithful to his evening walks with the girls. While I know should get out and walk, I need to stick to looping around the circle with my rollator. Honestly, I'm afraid to go down our hill, but really afraid of having to push my rollator back up said hill. If I don't try the hill, then obviously I'll never know, whether it's doable for me. But, fear is a real thing, and I don't know about you, but it keeps me in the house most of the time. I've fallen too many times and those instances has made me wary.

Today, I'll move important dates from my 2018 calendar to the 2019 calendar. For each person's birthday or anniversary, I forward the age and/or milestone and this way, I can keep track of birthdays, anniversaries, and things like that. Too be fair, I even update my birthday, which this year will be 70! Ugh.

Today, I'll try to accomplish something/anything. Wish me luck.

P

 

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...