Monday, January 7, 2019

Doctor's Day

1/7/2019

Yesterday afternoon, Jeff took Bella and I to run our weekly errands - Costco and Walmart. I had a very short shopping list, with more "no we don't need that" than things we needed to buy.

I'll tell you how good we were. Our groceries at WalMart all fit into my little stupid rolling cart. This is huge for our shopping. We did buy Jeff's special crackers, but no additional ones. No cookies, candy or other high sugar snacks. No extra food for the freezer or pantry. 

Scott came by yesterday, and when he opened up the pantry, wow was only part of what he said. I sent him home with two packages of cookies. I love those cookies, but I want to keep temptation to a minimum. In our case, less is more. My rationale is/was that we needed to live off the food in the pantry and freezer downstairs. We may not like what we're eating, but sometimes you just have to buy down on a bullet.

Our Sunday night dinners are always pizza. Tempting to buy a huge pizza from Costco, but instead, we cooked one that we had in the freezer. 
There are certain food that Jeff will never run out of: his crackers, mayo, buttermilk and toilet paper. A confusing list I grant you, but particularly with regard to mayo, I never run out. To assure myself of this, I tape a note stating last one, to the last jar. Neat idea, I think.

Seeing the eye doctor today, and hope that my right eye has progressed enough, that I can get a prescription for both my sunglasses and reading glasses. I can see pretty well out of both eyes, but small print continues to trip me up. I think it would be lovely to buy glasses, like normal people, and not having to take out a loan to pay for them!

Also, having my sixth month check-up with my regular doctor. I have a number of complaints, my shoulder for one, and this head spinning thing I've got going on.

Bella will come along. She is absolutely flawless in public, and doesn't let anybody or anything bother her. Time permitting, we might swing by and drop off a few things for alterations. Everything I bought for myself at Christmas, are too long in sleeves and lengths. Go figure. If I were also much taller, I wouldn't have this problem at all. Could I cuff the things I want altered, of course I could. Do I want to do that? Nope, just not going to happen. I also need to shorten some pants, because I don't like pants that are close to covering my foot. A true trip and fall situation for me. While not fashionable to wear shorter pants, as well as elastic waist pants which never have been cool. Frankly, I'm more into comfort than fashion. I just want clothes that fit me. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Signing off now, have to get myself ready for a trip to Baltimore.

Later.

P



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...