Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Chessy Television

1/15/2019

It has long been established, as more of you know, that I'm a sucker for reality shows. Of course, we all know that the reality shows, are simply shows following a script. However, even knowing this, doesn't take away from my pleasure in watching the shows.

This morning, during breakfast, I watched The Bachelor. The bachelor in question, is a very good looking guy. And, the show is making a really big deal about his virginity. I think that's a private thing, and shouldn't be or need to be, all anybody talks about.

Colton was a professional football player, who bounced around for several seasons. His football career ended in 2016. 

The women vying for his attention, are all: beautiful, beautiful (did I say that already?), wear very tight clothes, some with slits on the top and bottom of the dress. I grew up in a time, the 60's, where a lot of exposed skin was frowned upon. There were, at least in my world, no off the shoulder dresses, that stay up as if by magic. I might be a "tad" jealous! 

There is one contestant, who in my view, is definitely a cougar. She interrupts everyone's private conversation with Colton. To say that she's not popular, would be an understatement. And, yet in the first red rose handout, the cougar stayed. Knowing this, didn't make the other ladies very happy.

In checking some of the little known facts about the show are:
  • One contestant is given her own sylist (sp)
  • First fitting takes two days
  • Links about what to we pack
  • One bacheloret (sp) is given a $350,000 wardrobe budget. If I had that much to spend, perhaps even I could look good!
  • No duplicate dresses allowed
I'm sure the list goes on and on, but those are just some of the highlights of what goes on behind the scene. 

While, to the eye of a viewer, the show looks glamorous, awesome one-on-one dates, as well as some group activities.

The show I watched yesterday, the date was on the Queen Mary. That ship has some significance to Jeff and I. When we received a big raise (or bonus, I can't remember), we took two of our friends for dinner on deck. Because I have an overworked imagination, I could swear the ship was moving. It was, of course, moving ever so slightly, which would account for the movement. Such good memories.

For now, I live vicariously when watching the show. It's cheap entertainment, but that's okay with me.

P

 
Image result for picture of rose ceremony

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...