Friday, January 18, 2019

I Thought It Was Saturday!

1/18/2019

I've gotten confused - again. I would swear this was Saturday, but it's not! 

Some snow and/or ice is supposed to arrive this weekend. Jeff proactively went shopping - Costoc and WalMart. On this shopping errand, I had written down NO on things I didn't want him to buy. I urged him to leave Bella at home, because the parking lots might be icy. Bella has made some an impression on the cashiers at WalMart, that last night they even asked where she was!

He did buy, for the weekend ahead, several kinds of meat, for stews and/or soups. Jeff does an excellent job in making those things.

While we at Trader Joe's last week, I bought a bread mix that requires beer. That should be interesting to say the least. 

After several years of blocking entrance to the living room, so that the girls couldn't go in there. I made the decision to give it a try. I put a blanket on the sofa, and happy to report that the girls haven't bothered anything. Becoming mature dogs? Could be. Fingers crossed. We have even left Bella loose in the house while we go out for a quick errand. When we get back, shoes and/or socks are just where I left them. This makes me all fuzzy inside.

It's a bit on the cold side today. The fireplace (thank my stars that it's a gas fireplace) is on, and when it is on, the girls go and sleep right next to said fireplace.

I've also started letting them have access to the bedroom now during the day. I pull up the blinds high enough so that Bella, in particular, can be at the ready, if something goes amiss. I swear that sometimes she barks to hear herself! Luckily, after she has "chased" away the delivery men, she comes back into the house and continues to be lazy.

Based on all my Christmas present shopping, mostly at Amazon, Jeff, I'm paying particular attention to the spending this month. And, trying to be good.

Here's the thing. When you are unable to go outside on your own, driving and/or sometimes walking, you've read most of your books and watched the cooking shows, there's not much for me to do. Hence, the shopping on line. Apologies Jeff. I really can't go out by myself to shop, but I can't feed my desire, if you will, to shop on line. First and foremost, is that I'm still struggling with the head spinning thing. Not life threatening but a damn nuisance. Nobody wants their head spinning when they change positions.

Have a safe weekend everybody.

P







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...