Sunday, January 27, 2019

It's Just Sunday

1/27/2010

Yesterday, was errand day. Happy to say that the errands on our (or mine) list, were all accomplished. For dinner, Jeff made sweet and sour pork, and it was really good. He made enough for us to enjoy again today.

Picked up my clothes after they were altered. I also dropped off a few other pieces that I would like shortened (sleeves for sure), and pants. Unlike the popularity of floor skimming pants, which are faltering to be sure, because of their long leg length. Now, because I am a stumbler of late, if I wore pants that covered my shoes, I'd definitely be in trouble. Of course, we all know that I haven't made a "fashion" statement in a very long time. I do make a "fashion" statement, by wearing comfy clothes, and I have a long-time love area with all things elastic!

Since I no longer work (dishes and laundry don't count), I have no need for what I would call "good" clothes. I do have on hand, a few pieces of clothing that I could wear for a special occasion. And, as far as pantyhose goes, forget about it.

One thing that I have changed in my wardrobe, if you can call it that, is breaking away from always wearing white socks of any kind. Instead, I now own several pairs of darker colored socks, which I wear instead of my usual "go to" white ones. Of course, I could wear shoes without socks, but that's never gonna happen. I see television hosts who are wearing tennis shoes with no socks, or at least none that you can see.

Jeff is upstairs working now. He's doing "work work", as well as closing up the 2018 end of year accounting. I'm always glad when all those documents that have to be filed, are filed. After everything has been mailed, I can breath easier, knowing that this big push won't happen again for another year. Another thing to celebrate!

Football game on this afternoon, and I'll watch, even though, as I've already told you, the only thing I know anything about is a touchdown! Oh, and the shape of the ball!  Armed with all this "knowledge", I have lately found that I can sit through a game. For me (and only me I'm sure), I could do without the talking heads. I suppose I could watch the game, with the sound on mute!

Enjoy your Sunday. I know I will.




Image result for cartoon picture of a football game

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...