Saturday, January 26, 2019

Eyes

1/26/2019

Yesterday, Jeff, Bella and myself went to Hopkins for my final visit with my ophthalmologist. I was very excited, because in this visit, I was going to get a prescription for new glasses. I have worn glasses with prisms most of my adult life (seeing double is not your friend. The doctor was going to prescribe prisms, until I almost begged for him not to do so.

My argument was that I haven't worn my "real" glasses since April, and have been doing fine. I promised him that if I started seeing double, I would come back to see him.

Since my prescription was now more normal, Jeff took me to Costco for new glasses. My lenses were no longer the cost of a small house, I could even have no frames! Vanity on my part I know.
But, is really vanity if you know that your being vane? I don't think so.

I landed on a pair of frames that are very small, compared to what I normally wear, and the earpieces are trimmed in "gold"! Not real gold of course, but that bit of bling makes the glasses stand out. To me, at least.

If you're going to Hopkins, for any doctor appointment, you need to go prepared. I bring water, a few snacks, crossword puzzle book, etc. My appointment was for 2:30 and we didn't leave Hopkins until nearly 6:00. That is a very long day, and though we mostly sat, both of us were exhausted when we finally got home.

Pizza was on the menu, rounded up with some Gold Rush shows. As viewers, Jeff and I want so much for all of the miners, to win big. We also watch The Curse of Oak Island, and these guys have easily spent millions in their quest for evidence of gold, or the equivalent. Every time there is a win, we cheer them on. We might as well sit in our recliners, and with fingers crossed, hope that as far as the Curse people go, that they definitely have a win-win. Not to worry, either way we'll keep watching! Jeff and I are faithful watchers of several agreed on shows. Cooking and reality shows, which I happen to love, I watch when Jeff is upstairs working.

Going to pick up my alterations for clothes that I bought for myself for Christmas. The tailor knows me on sight, and also knows that my number one (and actually only one), to that everything is too long.  I admire these women on shows where you can't even tell if they are wearing shoes. If I dressed like that, I probably would trip on those pants, and break something else.

Happy Saturday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...