Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Snow, Ice, Sun

1/30/2019

Wow, the first month of the year is almost gone. Did we have a good time? I guess it depends on what a good time means to you. For me, it was not having to worry about getting to and from work. When I was working, if it started to snow, my panic began to rise. The solution was that I just left the office early. 

We didn't have a lot of snow, but the snow that did fall, was really pretty. The trees look like they have been covered in icing. But, after the snow came ice. Ice is not pretty, and makes all non-covered places slippery. Since Jeff and I didn't have to go anywhere yesterday, we weren't too worried about the ice. Mother Nature has blessed us today with a lot of sunshine, which will ultimately end the ice problem.

Years ago, we replaced all the original windows in the house, with Pella windows. One of the windows in Jeff's office is in need of repair. We have literally waited months for the Pella repairman to come out. And, today is the day. Hopefully, the window can be fixed, perhaps even today. With the temperatures dropping, and the "sick" window letting in cold air, this seems like a good time to fix that window.

It's cold outside, even by Jeff's standards.  He normally takes the girls out for an evening walk, but decided against doing that last night. All he didn't need was to slip and fall. Neither of the dogs is at the "Lassie" stage, so there would be no returning to the house to alert me.

Tomorrow, is Andrew's birthday. According to the calculator, because I'm not too good with remembering ages, he'll be 37. Gad zooks (sp)!
With his new job at Microsoft, I also have trouble remembering which coast he's on. I think he's back in Seattle, but I'm not actually sure.

It's Wednesday, so Ada comes today to clean. Of course, as usual, that means that I do some cleaning before she gets here. Nothing like having someone out to clean your house, to get a body in motion. 

I also have a new role and title here at home. I'm officially the "putter on 'er".  What does that mean you ask? I'm the person who gets out soap, toilet paper, toothpaste, etc., when needed. See how important this role is? I know you're all jealous!

I'll close up for the day. Stay warm if you live back here, if not enjoy your sunny and warmer days.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...