Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Book Club

3/21/2017

In a moment of probably complete insanity, I offered to host tonight's book club at the house.  I know, I know, what was I thinking?

So far this morning, I have rearranged the chairs in my living room so that everybody will have a comfy chair to sit on, a coffee table to use for their food and drinks.  Yesterday, I went out and bought fresh fruit and cheese.  Today, I will have to make time to go out and buy some wine, which could be a challenging, for somebody who orders wine in restaurants by color: white, pink but never red!

Dessert is a vanilla cake that Jeff bought at Costco and it has berries on top.  It looks delicious.  I'll let you know about it tomorrow.

Signed up today for a year's subscription to a writing competition.  I have submitted my work with this company before, and I figured that since I was already signed up for three writing classes, what the heck, what's one more!  This company offers prizes for best writing, and that would be super neat to win something.

Writing is very personal, but though some of us may have small egos, we still appreciate and desire for feedback.  I may think my writing is good, or reader-worthy, but that's just my opinion, and in the big picture don't think that counts very much.  Just saying.

I'll have more to "talk" about tomorrow, but for now I have to get my house in order - literally!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...