Friday, March 3, 2017

It Actually Snowed!

3/3/2017

I woke up this morning with snow on the ground.  When I say snow I actually mean just enough of the white stuff to cover parts of the ground and roof tops.  But, as we've had very little (actually none) snow this year, we get excited when the white stuff falls!  Of course, if it had snowed "foots", then I'd be reporting something else altogether - like how annoying it is to shovel!  Not, that I've actually had to do that, since I had sons to help out with that.

Stacey and Benjamin came by to visit me for a bit yesterday.  Always nice to see both of them.  We went to Michael's where Stacey was looking for things for a new project of hers.  Since I'm not a creative person, I wander aimlessly through the aisles looking at the things that people could and do to be creative.  Benjamin did spot a throw pillow with the face of a yellow Labrador, complete with ears on the side and insisted that PopPop would want it. I don't actually know how much Jeff likes it, but already know that the girls would LOVE it, so It's kept up out of their reach. About as creative as I get is wrapping a present and even that I don't do very well.  Mother was convinced that since I had been born left-handed, a situation she quickly remedied with raps on my left hand, I was unable to learn how to do anything like sewing, etc.  I doubt that my being left-handed had anything to do with my creative ability, and more about how creative she and my grandmother were.  Mother could and did cross-stitch and needlework and I have many of our finished projects, all beautiful by the way, hanging in the house.

I left the den unprotected sometime yesterday by leaving the gate down, thinking that the girls were better about chewing - WRONG!  There were two dog beds and now there is only one.  Unlike last time, where they put a small hole in the side that could easily be repaired, this time the bed was in shreds. No possible salvation for the bed this time.  I told the girls, and I'm sure they understood, that I wasn't going to go out and buy them another bed, and that they'd have to just make do with one.
Natural consequences for their behavior - I'm sure they understand!  (Smiley face)

With no reprieve from chores insight for today, I'm going to get dressed and head to the basement (ugh) to clean up the spots that have been left behind a puppy, probably Daisy, who waits to long to go outside or, more likely CHOOSES not to do so.  Maybe it's a terrier thing, because Sam liked concrete more than he did the grass.  

Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend.

P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...