Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Gloomy Tuesday

3/28/2017

After coming off the heels of some really nice weather, today's weather is dark, gloomy and raining  And, the girls are getting their first experience with thunder.  Unlike Sam, who was definitely afraid of weather, the girls couldn't seem to care less. There is an advantage to rain, because the girls come in with wet and/or muddy paws if they have been outside.  If their paws are dry, then that means they are using the "alternative" bathroom - the basement (ugh).

Yesterday, I went and had x-rays taken of my right knee.  Ever since I fell on it in February, the knee has continued to be a problem.  I've used my cane, turned on my pain stimulator and though I'm strongly opposed, even taken a few pain pills.  I'm sure that the cause of my knee problem is going to turn out to be some kind of "itis" - yipee.  If I have to have another area of "itis", I would prefer that everything is on one side of my body.  Definitely not fair to have pain on both sides of my body.  But, whoever said that life is fair?

The good news about the rain is that my car will get "washed".  Since my car sits out, the old girl gets dusty and is a go-to target for the birds.  Since Jeff is taking one of Scott's cars in for an oil change today, that means my car will get to go in the garage tonight.

Yesterday, I believe Bella put Daisy's vibrating/shock collar to work.  There are increasing levels of vibration before she receives a shock.  In the afternoon, I heard Daisy cry out, and the best I can figure is that Bella had put enough force on the collar that Daisy received a shock.  Sometimes Bella is a bully and she is bigger and much heavier than Daisy.  When we are watching television, we occasionally have to remind Bella to back off from Daisy.  We don't really want to shock Daisy, as much as receive ever increasing vibrations.  Daisy doesn't respond when you call her inside when she's outside exercising her vocal cords.  Her barking doesn't endear her to me, much less our neighbors.

I think today I might take on the laundry room as my "chore" for the day.  It tends to get messy and there's no particular reason why it should.  Guess it's just my lack of enthusiasm for a job that goes virtually unnoticed, except for the laundress, who is me. I am, after all, the chief cook and bottle washer - oh and I do laundry too!  The problem with being retired, other than a lack of money, is that you can easily put off until tomorrow or tomorrows anything you'd rather not do.  There is, after all books to be read and stories to be written, which is infinitely more exciting than working around the house.  Here's a picture of what I wish my laundry room looked like:

Image result for picture of laundry room

I hope the sun is shining where you are.

P





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...