Thursday, March 9, 2017

I Made it to Thursday!

3/9/2017

After the disaster that was earlier in the week, I'm happy to say that yesterday was much better around the house.  And, with the purchase of new hooves filled with cheese and bacon, the girls were very well behaved, oh and quiet!

In anticipation of my 50th high school reunion, I have already booked the girls into the kennel.  I know that available days during the summer go quickly, so I thought it better to book ahead, and made sure that both dogs would be housed in the same kennel.  They're going to be unhappy enough to be left there, so it only makes sense to put them together, so that they can bark and howl in harmony!

It is bright and sunny out, so I may go out into the backyard with my Kindle and park myself in the sun.  A bonus to doing this will be that the girls will play "nicely" and "quietly" in the yard.  We did buy an anti-bark collar for Daisy, but haven't put it on her yet.  We hate to do this, but also know how unrelenting her barking can be.  When we go out to Andy's house on Saturday, she and run and bark, or bark and bark - her option.  Here's what I know for sure, they'll play and run hard, so the car ride home will be very quiet.

Also, in anticipation of the warmer months ahead, I've called our lawn service and told them not to bother with the backyard, because there is no backyard unless you call strips of bark, holes in the ground and grass that has been trampled on and is now pretty much dirt.  Our intention, I think, is to "fence" off somehow part of the yard to seed and fertilizer.  While doing that would greatly reduce the area that the girls have for running, it might allow some grass to grow.  And, we could move the temporary fence to different parts of the yard.  They have managed to chew up every plant that was in the yard, except for the holly bush/tree.  I'm going to plant some more holly bushes, along or near the fence line as a deterrent that will eventually block their ability to see into the neighbor's yard.

As I'm sitting here, Daisy is once again outside and barking her fool head off.  I know she sees or senses something, probably a squirrel; but, no amount of barking is going to allow her to catch an animal.  Squirrels don't actually just fall into a yard where dogs live, just saying, particularly an annoying barking dog.

I have bought over the months that we have had the girls, some bones that are absolutely indestructible for the girls.  They are made of some kind of heavy bone and when they drop one of these bones, it makes quite a racket.  I have boxed up all of these bones and will take them out to Andy's house on Saturday.  His large dogs will probably make fast work of breaking open these bones.

Today is put the laundry away day.  All the clothes are clean, but as yet are still sitting in the laundry basket getting wrinkles!   Luckily, I can live with a few, or more, wrinkles.

I better get my rear in gear.  I want to be able to tell Jeff, when he gets home, that I've accomplished "x" or even better also "y"!

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...