Thursday, March 30, 2017

Weather

3/30/2017

There is one topic that people like to discuss, and no it's not politics, although lately that would certainly lead to interesting conversations.  

Nope, it's the weather.  There are short and long term forecasts.  Will it rain during the little league game on Saturday?  If it's truly going to rain then I'd better put down some grass seed.  But, we as humans, are seldom satisfied with our weather.  It's either too hot, cold, windy.  There's too much rain and then there's not enough.  Mother Nature absolutely has her work cut out for her.

In the winter, when you live in colder areas of the country, the very act of sliding across a leather seat in your car, sends goosebumps up your arms.  You know the heater will work when the car warms up, but invariably I turn all the buttons on the dashboard for maximum heat.  Of course, I already know that the only air coming out of the vents will be cold for a few minutes.  And yet knowing this, I sit optimistically in the car satisfied that I've done everything and soon my teeth will stop chattering.

And then there's summer.  It's hot, humid and dry.  Lawns and flowers start to dry up.  Since we don't live in Southern California any longer, it's still okay to water your lawn.  Okay, I really don't like or enjoy humid weather.  So, I've come up with a new word "stickly" to describe how I feel when I retire to my recliner and my legs stick to the leather.  The cure for this condition is fairly easy.  You can, and I often do, sit on a towel which prevents me from becoming stickly!

The thing about weather is that in the fall and winter seasons, you can simply put on more clothes.  Ah, that's not such a good option in the summer.  There are only so many clothes you can take off, before you become indecent.  Of course, what you wear or don't wear inside your house is up to you.  I wear a lot of 100% cotton clothing, particularly in the summer.  I avoid all clothes that have a combination of cotton and spandex or cotton and polyester.  Those materials, on my body, just don't work.  I can, and have, pulled and tugged shirts to try and make them fit better, but I'm always unsuccessful.  Since I no longer work, wearing hose, for me, is a once or twice a year occurrence.  Obviously, by the time I retired, my company had relaxed it's dress code to include capris, sandals, etc. The closest thing I wear that I can call shorts, are some that hit me just above the knee.  Trust me, nobody wants to see much more of me!  And, if you wear sandals during the summer, then having pedicures isn't an option, it's a requirement!  But, I can clearly remember my many years of working when bare legs were an absolute no-no, and back in the 60's, heels were required too!  We have come a long way ladies.

Today's weather?  Dark and gray outside.  Tomorrow it's supposed to rain and perhaps we'll even have a thunderstorm.  At least when it has rained, and the girls come in, I know if they've been outside if their paws are wet!

P

 Image result for picture of dogs playing in the rain



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...