Friday, March 10, 2017

It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

3/10/2017

First off, it's my sister's birthday, so Happy Birthday Marilee.  I hope you have a wonderful day and get to eat cake!  

Yesterday, in a spur of the moment thought, I went to have my toes "done".  I, like most women I know, love for their feet to look good.  And, while it's probably too early to start wearing sandals, that's no reason not to indulge yourself.  Since I was already at the salon, I also had my face waxed, which I love and hate all at the same time.  I hate that I have to keep waxing.  When exactly does facial hair stop growing?  I'm not a man, so a mustache and "beard" aren't exactly good looks for me.  I've been waxing for more than 30 years and you would think that the hair follicles would have decided, that I simply don't want hair on my face.  

I can still remember on our honeymoon, we took a bus and there was an old, and she really was, women on the bus that had a long and gray hair sticking out of a mole.  Gave me the shudders.  They make mirrors and believe me you would not have to use a magnifying glass to spot that sprouting hair.

After getting all spiffed up, I went to the grocery store to buy bagels and get Benjamin a chocolate bunny.  We are seeing him tomorrow so I wanted to bring him something for Easter, which I know isn't until next month - but nobody really needs to wait for a holiday to eat chocolate.  After I got home, I remembered that Benjamin was having someone over to play tomorrow, so I'll probably run out and get something for his friend.  Sharing is one thing, but sharing a chocolate rabbit is a whole different ballgame.  

As nice as yesterday was, today looks ominous.  As I went on my errands yesterday, I was jealous of Jeff being able to drive home with the top down.  Since he has no hair on his head, he doesn't have to worry about the wind messing up his "do"!  Snow or snow showers are predicted for today, and as I look outside, I can absolutely believe that something is going to fall out of the sky today.

While I'm writing, the girls are both going to town on their bones.  There are times that I think our house resembles a cemetery, with all the bones and antlers on the floor.

P


2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! Yep, I hope to have cake sometime this weekend. Do you have the Nothing Bundt Cakes stores?
    If you do they are delicious. Have a nice day!

    Love, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of them, but they sound yummy. Enjoy your special day. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...