Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Horrible, Awful Day That Was!

3/8/2017

I've been running a house for many, many years and for much of that time, have never blundered more than once in a day/week or month. And then there was yesterday.  Everything that could go wrong, did.

I burnt bacon that I was planning to use on a lettuce salad that Jeff really likes.  Then while attempting to get the bacon out of the oven, the handle fell off - urgh!  And, for a recipe I have made like a zillion times, I forgot one layer of peas completely!  And, last but not least, I loaded up the dishwasher with way tooo much soap, and I had pillows of suds all over the floor.  The soap suds incident reminded me of an "I Love Lucy" episode where she backed bread, and the bread once it was cooked, just kept getting longer and longer!  By the time Jeff got home, I was frazzled beyond belief.  And, then there was Daisy.  She stayed outside and barked and barked.  No amount of persuasion on my part would get her to come inside.  I think she has a sixth sense that if she does come inside, then I'm going to close the basement door - and she's right - that's exactly what I intended to do.

This Saturday, Jeff and I are taking the girls and going out to Andy's house.  Stacey is having some of a clothing show.  Benjamin and his friend can take the girls to the backyard and everyone can simply run and run.  And, I'm sure that Jeff will putter around and eventually find something to do.  I'm not particularly interested in the clothes, but it will be another "outing" that I can tell Dr. H about when I see her next week.

In anticipation of the book club next week, I have bought several necessary things for the gathering. This is huge for me to host the book club.  Unlike the other ladies who's houses were meticulous, mine is not so much.  It's hard to disguise a skirt on a sofa that has been chewed up!  I'm going to do my best to make sure that my living room and dining room are as "put together" as possible.  I'm even going to dust!

P.S. In honor of the women not working day, I've decided to pretty much take the day off too!  After all, we women have to stick together.

P

Image result for picture of soap suds coming from dishwasher


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...