Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Gloomy Wednesday

3/1/2017

First of March.  We're supposed to have rain this afternoon.  The good thing about rainy weather is that I can tell if the girls have actually been outside!  Their fur is wet and their paws are muddy.

This afternoon, Jeff and I are taking Maggie (the Lab) to see the veterinarian.  Maggie now 12 and like all other labs we have had, is beginning to hop down the stairs.  She appears to have growths/tumors on her side and is having some difficulty breathing.  We are hoping for the best, but are sure the outcome will be the worst.  Jeff and I don't believe in keeping a dog alive, just for the sole purpose of doing so.  Last year we knew when it was time to put Sam to sleep.  He was 15 and began to dribble when he walked.

We found evidence of a mouse in the pantry, as he was in the trap.  Jeff reset the traps and put one on the floor of the pantry, and this morning we had another dead mouse.  Unlike the smaller mouse we originally caught, this one is much bigger - Mama perhaps?  My mission today is to vacuum up all the evidence of mice in the pantry.  Jeff will reset the trap tonight and if the floor is clear of evidence for a few days, then perhaps we can "sort of" think/believe that all the mice are gone.  

If there is anything that I hate doing, is emptying out the pantry and stacking boxes and bags of food on the dining room table.  This makes my OCD go into overdrive and, of course, I have to be VERY aware of where the girls are.  Both puppies have yet begun to really realize that just because it's food, it's not necessarily intended for them!

Last week, when I went to the ceramic store with Stacey and Benjamin, I painted a coffee cup with the words "I love you to the moon and back".  Benjamin and I have long expressed our feelings for each other with those words.  I painted the cup purple and Stacey even painted a bottom red lip on the edge of the cup.  All of the cups I use, have at one time or another, had lipstick on the lip! So I have "my cups" in the house and then I have some "company cups" in the back of the cupboard.

Yesterday, my "Fidget Cube" arrived.  It is a small square plastic object that has rollers, switches, and several other things that you can "fidget" with.  It's lovely and last night during television watching, I clicked and twirled myself happily.

Perhaps today, beside working in the pantry, I'll also tidy up the laundry room - notice the word perhaps.  

Have a good day.

P


Image result for picture of a fidget cube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...