Sunday, March 19, 2017

Snowy Sunday

3/19/2017

The day started out looking gloomy and we had some rain and a snow shower, which amounts to nothing on the ground, just looks pretty.  After everybody was fed this morning, Jeff and I retired to our individual spots to read the paper and then take in a short nap.  Once the girls are fed, they are generally amenable to sleep, and that's a good thing.

I received an email about my 50th high school reunion.  Jeff has already written the check and I've filled out the usual form: how old are your kids, what are you doing now, what memory do you have of high school, things like that.  If, we had stayed in California, where my class size was in the hundreds, I doubt that I would have any warm fuzzy feelings, and pretty sure that I would never go to a reunion.

But, I spent three years going to a small high school, in a small town and there was 53 in my class.  That is a small enough number to know everybody pretty well.  We came together to build class floats, participated in the class play and socialized together.  I have very fond memories of those years in school.

This year, our reunion also coincides with the town fair.  This is not as big obviously as a county or state fair; but, since it's occurring, Jeff and I will spend some time there.  One of the most exciting events, for me at least, is a tour of the school.  It's been 50 years and I know there have been changes, but it's still my school, and it will be super neat to go back.

Today, I'm making a list of things I need to do and food/drinks I need to buy for Tuesday's book club. Having the club meet here is a huge step for me. Our house does show some puppy wear - like the skirt of the living room sofa has been chewed off on one side, stuff like that.  But, to be fair to the others, I need to host the club two times this year.  The girls are maturing, but given any opportunity, will and do destroy pillows, socks, slippers and pretty much anything else we have!

Popping off now, I've got things that need doing.  Enjoy today.

P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...