Saturday, March 4, 2017

Leggings and Tunics

3/4/2017

One of the fashion trends at the moment are leggings and tunics.  When I was a teenager, I wore stirrup pants and because I was waaaaay thinner then, I looked good.  Today, not so much.

However, there seems to be some kind of clothing movement towards leggings, not only in basic colors, but some with zany designs.  If I were to wear leggings, and that's so likely not going to happen, I wouldn't be able to pull off leggings with stripes or dots or other kinds of patterns.  Black leggings would be slimming I know, but in the catalogs, the ladies wearing the leggings are all super slim.  I'm still amazed why plus sized clothing can't be modeled by plus sized women.  Oh, I remember now - many larger women don't actually want to see their body type in a catalog.  Anything that a slim woman wears looks good, so when we order the same piece of clothing, we are stunned (not really because we already know), that we don't look as good.

And then there are tunics.  I understand that tunics look good with leggings.  While tunics cover your tummy up nicely, the same thing can't be said about the rear section of your body.  I don't know about you, but I don't want a piece of clothing that is tight and calls attention to a problem area of my body.  I know my rear's back there, and luckily most days I manage to avoid having to look at it!  What you don't see you can pretend (smiley face here) that it just isn't there.  

Thankfully, it will soon be time to wear shorts, long ones in my case, and capris.  When I wear capris, it's the only piece of clothing that I don't have to have shortened, which is definitely a plus.  This picture is an example of that I might look like in leggings, and I don't think so.


Image result for picture of leggings on plus size women

 P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...