Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

3/17/2017

Particularly, if you're Irish, then tonight is time to celebrate.  Of course, anybody can drink beer and/or eat corned beef and cabbage.  Oh, and wear green too, or else you'll get pinched!  For me, well I'll just be looking for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow - of course that means there has to be a rainbow - but here's hoping.

I now have three on-line writing classes.  The nice thing about a class is that you do get feedback.  Writers, and I guess I can call myself that, need to occasionally and hopefully, get a "warm fuzzy" after someone reads what you wrote.

My writing is not up to Shakespeare's level, but when I read back to myself what I've written, I'm pretty satisfied.  Yesterday, Jeff sent me several writing prompts sites, and I tried to follow the directions, which were very confusing.  Long story short, the writing that I submitted only received negatives: I didn't follow the rules (thought I did); my word count was wrong (pretty sure it wasn't); and on and on.  Anyway, my feelings, or perhaps ego, took a hit and before anybody else could tell me what I had done wrong, I deleted what I had written.

I will stick to the writing classes that I pay for and receive one-to-one critique/instruction from, well, an instructor!  My lessons come twice a week, and today is one of those days, where I will get my next assignment.  After getting my assignments, all I have to do is write!   

It's a beautiful day out, bright blue sky and sunshine.  And, of course, it's Friday.  I celebrate Friday because it's the one day in a week, that I don't cook.  Jeff, is going to Costco after work to get gas.  I suggested that instead of Taco Bell for dinner, perhaps he could bring home a pizza.  Shake up our routine a bit, wouldn't want to get into a rut!

After being outside and Daisy barking non-stop, which I and I know my neighbors do as well, hate, I was finally able to get Daisy inside.  She seems to have a sixth sense that once she comes inside, I'm going to shut the door to the basement.  And, she's right, that's exactly what I do.  If you call Bella, from wherever or whatever she's doing, she comes running.  Daisy, having enough terrier in her, marches to her own music, and she'll come when she's ready, and not before.

I've made a list of chores and errands that I need to get done before book club on Tuesday.  I need to buy fruit, cheese, wine, and some kind of dessert.  Those four items have been served by everyone else that has hosted the club.  I already have crackers, disposable plates and silverware.  I know next to nothing about cheese or wine for that matter, but when it comes to cheese I think most of the ladies serve blue cheese or something similar.  I'm taking a bit of a risk having the ladies here at the house. There is apparent some damage caused by the puppies - like the skirt from the sofa for instance, but it is what it is.  By some standards, my house would seem cluttered with my many pieces of glass that are displayed throughout the living room.  I love many things obviously, but I have a real soft spot for glass and beautiful pieces of wood furniture!

Enjoy yourselves tonight.

P
The three-leaved clover has been linked with the Irish celebration for centuries






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...