Sunday, March 12, 2017

Saturday

3/12/2017

Yesterday morning, Jeff and I, along with the girls, headed out to Andy's house to spend the day.  Since they live on acreage, the girls spent most of the day stretching out those puppy dog legs, especially Daisy.

Stacey was hosting a clothing show for her friends.  I came to the house armed with crossword puzzles, my Kindle, and notes from my writing class instructor.  The clothes that were for sale were very soft and colorful.  I tried on one or two pieces and they fit, but because I'm sure and a bit (ya think?) wide, the tops covered up one of my least favorite "assets" - my rear end.  I could have, I suppose bought a tunic and then paid to have it shortened by six inches or more.  In the end, I simply watched the fashion parade as the ladies tried on different pieces of clothing.  The leggings were very popular, but although I didn't try on any, am pretty sure they wouldn't look good on me.  Plus, I wear very few printed tops and tees.  Just not my thing, and it could be because I am either (a) old (and I am); or most likely simply set in my ways!  

I had made small Easter baskets for Benjamin and his friend.  They were both very happy with the chocolate in their baskets - but I'm not sure how much their mothers liked the sugar highs.  Stacey's birthday is next week, so I bought her two bottles of nail polish in colors that I wouldn't wear, but knew that she would.  One polish was blue (so never going to happen with me) and the other a deep red.

Jeff helped Andy out in the yard with I think his electric fence before everybody, including the kids, headed inside because it was so cold outside.  After the clothing show had ended, we adults spent sometime talking, while all the dogs, theirs and ours, slept soundlessly at our feet.  As dinner time approached, Jeff and I started home with two very tired and quiet dogs in the back of the car!  Nothing like a little fresh air and exercise to tire a puppy out.

Snow is being predicted for our area on Monday/Tuesday.  Some predictions say we'll get several inches, which means to me, stay home and be safe.  My car can certainly drive through some amount of snow, but in that kind of weather, you always have to worry about the other drivers.

Have a wonderful day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...