Tuesday, March 14, 2017

It Actually Snowed!

3/14/2017

Last night, we did get snow.  We didn't get the 8-12 inches they were predicting, but it's snow nonetheless.  On top of the snow, unfortunately, there is a layer of sleet/ice or whatever, which makes walking and driving a bit tricky.  Jeff decided he wasn't going into work today, and as I write this, he's in his recliner, in front of the fireplace and probably has at least one, if not both puppies in his life.  Heaven.

The wind is picking up, so people do stand the possibility of having trees fall down.  And also the possibility of losing power.  We have some free tall and old Leland Cypress trees, so if one of them fell over, it wouldn't particularly be heartbreaking.  Just plant a new one in it's place.

The puppies are loving the snow.  They come in with wet coats, which they shake once there inside.  The good news about snow is that their paws are wet but not muddy, an absolute plus for me.

I think Jeff is going to make chicken soup today.  He makes very good soup but always adds mushrooms - yuck!  I've learned to eat around them and then add them back to the soup pot.

Yesterday, I got back my first critique from my on-line writing instructor.  She had many good things to say about what I'd written and also some suggestions on how to make my writing better.

That's all the news from the house today.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...