Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Free Day!

 2/21/2018

An update about moving around the bedroom in the morning.  This morning, I didn't fall (yeah) and more worthy of yeahs, is I didn't fall into or step on anything that wasn't supposed to be in my path.  Three cheers for this kind of morning.
 
Jeff and I have had various doctor's appointments the last few days.  We took his car both days, but thought better of putting the top down, because it was drizzling.  Yesterday, though, it was 65 (or maybe faster) down the highway, the wind blowing in our hair.  Oh, correction, my hair!  

We've had enough rain recently, that our backyard, which is not the finest by a long shot, turned into a mud pit or swamp.  The landscaping company will be coming to overhaul the yard, trees and bushes sometime in March.  I have bought a plan with Stanley Steemer, that allows me to have 3 carpet cleanings during the year.  I'm going to wait until the weather really changes, before having them come out.  For now, I'll live with a few muddy paw prints.  At least when they track in mud, I know that they've actually been outside!

While I'm anxious about having surgery, by this time next week, I'll be on the mend. Of course, I have my fingers crossed that the "mend" will be more short term, rather than a longer drawn out one. Time will tell.

I'm experimenting with my new cordless phone, and  I'm a loooooong way from being even considered a "techy".  I now know how to answer and receive calls.  But, haven't been able to master how to hear saved calls.  I'm pretty sure it's just a one, two thing, but it is that thing that eludes me.

Jeff has bought a lot of jell-o boxes, and wants those boxes to eventually turn into jigglers.  It's been a long time since I've made jigglers, so my first batch, wasn't very successful.  So, if at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again.  At the moment, I'm still in the "trying" stage.

Friends, I'm logging off now.  I need to get my coffee and toast over to my favorite chair, and watch some mindless TV.  

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...