Friday, February 2, 2018

Depression - Another Loss

2/2/2018

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but once again somebody who is "somebody" has committed suicide.  And, when a famous person commits suicide, it's deemed newsworthy, and we can read or see all of the achievements this person had.  

And, there's the common folk, whose suicide is only known to family and friends.  I've checked Google and in 2014 there were 42,773 suicides, basically 1 a day.  I think those numbers speak volumes about a disease, that no one can see.  Sometimes, such as mine, depression grabs me and doesn't let go.  To be sure, there are times when a depressed person's mental state is on an upward swing, and to coin my favorite phrase, life is "unicorns and rainbows".  And then it's not.  While sliding back down the hill, dark thoughts prevail and, while a person might try and fight this demon, they seldom win the battle.

Many people, me among them, take a number of pills to try and keep oneself from going into a downward spiral.  People really do, I believe, want to try and understand what depression is, and why somebody can't beat it into submission.  Since I have suffered on and off with depression for 30 plus years, I feel sure that I will continue to battle some form of depression, where I'm just a "little" depressed, or when depression is all consuming.  And, I know that sounds deafest, but facts are facts. Myself, like countless others, fight every day to remain happy, if that's possible, or at the very least, calm.

I cannot predict what, why or whom, will start an onset of negative feelings, dark thoughts, and a lack of worthiness.  I will tell you that, unfortunately, myself included, just have to ride out the current wave, until it's gone.

I believe that, while some people poo-poo mental illness of any kind, I can assure you that it's real and problematic for tens of thousands of people each year.  What can you do?  Just be our champion, listen to us when we rant, rave and cry.  I, for example, want to be "cured" and live the rest of my life, at the very least, content.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...