Saturday, February 24, 2018

Not An Early Morning Post

2/24/2018

You may have noticed by absence this morning.  Obviously, I didn't write anything, or I wouldn't be sitting her this evening writing.  Can you say duh?

Today, I went to the beauty salon (or beauty shop as I still think of it as) to have my hair cut.  Correction - have my hair cut by a professional!  For many, many years I kept my hair short and had a standing 6-8 week appointment with the same stylist.  This went on for 30 years.  After 2013, I decided that since I was home 99.9% of the time, I would "do" my hair myself.  My way of keeping my hair under control, was to get out my little scissors, and hack (I mean cut) away unwanted hair.  It didn't look too bad, and even if it had, I'm not sure I would have cared.  My hair has now been cut short, which is easier to maintain and will let me be like a dog - get the hair wet - and shake it all around!  

Jeff and I were watching television, quality television I assure you - "Swamp People".  And, before you know it, recliners are put back in "resting" mode, and many z's filled the air.  The dogs are always ready to nap, and we had the fireplace on, so the room was pretty warm, and then we fell asleep.  Jeff woke up before me and now it's 7:00 pm, and time for dinner.  Dinner isn't the big deal it once was.  When the boys were still at home, I cooked dinner and it was served at 6:00.  Now they're gone, and we don't, most of the time, cook very much for dinner.  Jeff still makes one pot wonders, and they are always delicious.  But, I could be very satisfied with a frozen waffle, piece of toast, or tonight as it happens to be, a pot pie.  There are two kinds of pot pies, in case you needed to know this.  There are the cheap ones, that has very little meat inside, but is dirt cheap.  Think broke food.  And, then for more money, and more taste, you can buy a pot pie, from say Marie Callander (or however you spell her name), which actually has meat you can see and taste!  Tonight, I'm microwaving the broke food kind of pot pie.  Jeff and I remind ourselves, that when we eat, it's only food (we learned that when we were dieting for our gastric surgeries) and that we don't need as much food as we think we do.  Tummy not growling, then chances are you're not hungry, or at least not really hungry, and you can afford to wait to eat.

The only thing remaining on the calendar is having Benjamin spend tomorrow night with us.  Stacey will come in the afternoon, and we'll go have pedicures.  I don't want ugly feet when I go into the hospital.  What's that song, which goes something like this, "you're so vain, you probably think this song is about you".  

On Tuesday, we have to be at the hospital at 6:00 am, so I won't be posting anything that day.  I may have to ask my guest blogger (Jeff) to cover me for a day or two.

See you tomorrow.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...