Monday, February 12, 2018

Helping Benjamin and Valentine's Day!

2/12/2018

Yesterday, Benjamin took an interest in my blog.  He wanted to know if I blogged everyday, and I told him that as a rule, I did.  I told him that even on days when I have "brain fog", I will post something like "This page is intentionally left blank".  

Benjamin was a guest blogger yesterday, and I thought he did a really good job.  Today, though, he claims he has nothing to write about.  I pointed out several things that he could blog about - caulking at the house (and he did a wonderful job with that), his chickens, field trips, the dogs, etc., just to name a few.

At the moment, he's enjoying his Pop Tarts and chocolate milk - a very nutritious breakfast - and having control of the television remote!  These are all good things to a young boy.  And, nobody ever said that food at MomMom's house had to be healthy!  Just saying.

Stacey is coming to pick Benjamin up this afternoon.  While I know he enjoys being here, I think he likes being home much more.

Hint for all you fellas - Valentine's Day is fast approaching.  I don't know too many women who aren't excited about the made up Hallmark Day!  Valentine's Day was celebrated long before Hallmark was in business.  There are certain gifts that are on the top of gifts well received.  Candy, jewelry (I prefer diamonds if anyone is interested), and of course the old stand-by flowers and mushy cards.  For me, I'd be happy with going out to dinner to eat steak. However, if we were going to do that, and I'm pretty sure we're not, there is no way we'd go out on the 14th,  Nope, the 13th and 15th are better days to have a much shorter wait for a table!  I guess, I'm just not that romantic!

In one spare bedroom, I have literally dumped my spring and summer clothes on the bed and floor.  Today, I'm taking one of those black trash bags and stuff it with the clothes.  You know that if something/anything is behind a closed door, then the mess that's taken over the room, just doesn't exist!  At least, that's what I tell myself.  (insert happy face here)

Well my dears, the morning clock waits for no one, least of all me.

Happy Monday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...