Saturday, February 3, 2018

The Saturday Before Super Bowl

2/3/2018

Let the food shopping begin.  People eat pizza, hot dogs, chips, nachos are merely an example of the kind of food that is consumed during the game.  Jeff is going to make chili and perhaps corn bread for our evening meal.  

I don't "do" football.  I know what a football looks like, and that's pretty much it.  Oh, I can also recognize a goal that's made, but all the discussion about yards and penalties is truly lost on me.  I watch, because most of the time the commercials are so good.  I really look forward to Anheiser (didn't spell that right) Busch commercial with the beautiful Clydesdale horses.  

During the game, I'll be drinking either water, juice or diet coke.  No beer for me.  Truth be told, I've never even tasted beer.  My mother always told me that ladies didn't drink beer and they didn't smoke either.  

I will "watch" the game, up and until my eyelids close for a bit.  Just telling the truth.
I have a book I have to read for the book club, so perhaps I'll do some reading.  Or not.

This is short today - apologies.  Just some days, when I sit down to write, I literally stare at an empty screen.  That's me today.

I hope you're team wins tomorrow.

P


Image result for picture of super bowl food

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...