Saturday, February 17, 2018

Westminster Dog Show

2/27/2018

While this show might be a snooze fest for some, I find it interesting to watch.  I am particularly fond of the terrier group, partly because a "Westie" is judged.  Jeff and I over the years have had several Westies and they make wonderful pets.  But, they are stubborn.  By the time old Sam was 15, he had mellowed into a wonderful lap dog.  Some of his behaviors in the early years when we rescued him, wasn't so pleasant.  Think junk yard dog!  Sam, initially wouldn't let Jeff get into bed without a tussle, silly stuff like that.

One of the dogs being judged was a Rat Terrier.  Daisy has very similar markings to that breed.  Unfortunately, that dog didn't make it to the top four.  However, the Westie did.  Even though we no longer own a Westie, I was part of the couch crowd silently cheering him on.

In the hound group, there were several dogs that bore some resemblance to Bella.  The rescue group told us that Bella was part Labrador, and we don't believe that to be true.  Bella doesn't look much like a Lab, but we're convinced that she's definitely a hound of some sort.

When Jeff and I went earlier in the week to have my monthly check-in appointment with my psychiatrist, we took Bella with us.  After her initial sniffing everything, she then just laid down on the floor.  Jeff and I were very impressed with how good she was.  While we were gone, we left Daisy have the run of the house.  When we got home, there was no sign of destruction or wet spots on the carpet.  Daisy did have access to the doggy door in the basement.  Now, if we left Bella alone in the house, I'm pretty sure that when we got back we might find the sofa in our den, which was used for puppy teething, might be torn up a "bit" more!  One of these days, we're going to have to leave Bella in the house while we go out.  We could stay away 30 minutes or so, and see how things look like when we return.

Not much on my chore list.  Okay, not much on my chore list that I want to do.  For me, putting away laundry is right up there with emptying the dishwasher.  No rationale for my adversity to these two things, it's just me being me.

Happy Saturday

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...